Sunday, July 11, 2010

RAIN! RAIN! RAIN!

YES! IT FINALLY RAINED! We got 3/4 of an inch or rain yesterday and I thought I would celebrate by sleeping in this morning since I did not have to get up and water the garden at dawn before it got too hot to breathe out there. However, I only managed to stay in bed until 5:45 AM at which point I figured what was the point in being in bed thinking about all the things I had to get done – might as well go make a dent in the day’s work load, especially since I did NOT have to go out and water.

If you want to see some great pictures of the rain, go visit my neighbors at http://thefrogandpenguinn.blogspot.com/2010/07/raindrops.html.   I was too busy yesterday to even think about taking the camera outside. Sometimes it gets tiring being chief cook AND bottle washer… but, as long as I can still do it, I guess I will keep movin’ on.

So the crunchy grass is greening up and the sun is shining. The thermometer is working its way up to the 90 degree mark once again. This is supposed to be another 90+ week. sigh. But, I am grateful for the rain and I know everything out in the yard is grateful, too! You could almost see the leaves smiling.

Hope you have a good day in your little corner of the world, too.

1 comment:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the link to our blog, Possum. Glad you didn't have to get out early today, even if you deidn't sleep in very long.