Thursday, December 26, 2013

FROST

While many of you are getting snow,Vermont 16 in snow usually we have been getting rain… but now it has turned cold – 28 degrees when I get up is considered COLD here… and the world is white in certain places – roof tops, some plants but not others.

 DSC_0467 DSC_0468 DSC_0469 DSC_0470 DSC_0472 DSCN2663 DSC_0474 These are azaleas and Beautyberry.

And then it warms up again and the camellias pop open one more time. I was able to pick a nice large bouquet of “Aunt Alice” camellias for the holiday table. That is the name of the camellia and it is one of my favorites. Of course, it helps that I used to have an Aunt Alice years ago. I wish she could have seen these beauties.

DSC_0483

2 comments:

Loretta said...

So beautiful!! I hope you had a nice Christmas and stayed warm. We have had some very cold weather...several inches of sleet instead of snow.

I too had an Aunt Alice...she's been gone 30 years but I still miss her.

Happy Holidays!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the frosty view, Possum. We have seen a dusting of snow on our travels. And, I watched some prolonged and heavy snow flurries on Christmas Eve in NJ.