Wednesday, November 15, 2017

YULE TIDE- CHRISTMAS CAMELLIA

Several of you asked about Yule Tide. She has been here for 30 years, but in this particular location only 23 years. Floyd helped me move her when she quickly outgrew her spot beside the house and carport. The flowers are small and often the bush goes unnoticed. It tends toward the spindly side compared to the other camellias here. It has been especially beautiful this year. Here are some pictures taken Nov. 8th, 2017 - just before the BIG freeze this fall.
 
Yes, Yule Tide is taller than the power lines.
Small flower, never bigger than 3 inches across, but just the purest red to contrast with the bright yellow stamens.
I hope you enjoyed my garden!

3 comments:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks for the additional info on Yule Tide, Possum, the blooms are beautiful. Its color and name are well suited for this time of year.

Ginnie said...

Yule Tide is gorgeous ... I agree, a very vibrant color even if small. Thanks for the beautiful flower show !

troutbirder said...

Wow! It almost glows! I wish I could grow one...:)