Saturday, October 09, 2010

THE COLOR RED

RED is one of my favorite colors, for sure, and if you keep track of my blog, you know I have shown this coleus several times before. It is now over 4 feet tall. This is just one plant. The Persian Shield behind it is a group of 3 plants. I have tried and tried to capture the color of the coleus, but it just never seems to come out as red as in real life. It glows red. It is almost as if it is illuminated from within the plant.DSC_0713 DSC_0714

DSC_0722

And while I was trying to get the color on camera the other day, another red surprise appeared.DSC_0706 DSC_0707

OK, I know this is not red, but it is my new wind sock. The old one is bleached into pastel shades. DSC_0724

Sorry I have not been on here much. I have been so busy. The cooler weather is better for doing things, but my Lymes is giving me a fit, so it is slow going. These are a few of the house plants that had to come in as the temp dropped below 50 the other night. The crotons don’t do below 50! DSC_0705The rest of the plants will come in tomorrow except for the Christmas cactus - they will go in the green house for a while when it gets close to freezing, and will set their buds in there before I bring them in the house.

And, too, I have had several newsletters to get out this week… and on a computer that is ancient and not happy. I keep pushing it to its max.

4 comments:

ancient one said...

If that coleus is any prettier in person than that photo... it is spectacular !!! Love that windsock too... My son gave me a fish one long ago for my birthday.. it was a pure rag before I took it down. Enjoyed my visit here today. (as always)

Caddie said...

I like the fact that coleus starts root so nicely in water to plant a next season. Grandmother's was an ancient plant from doing this. Yours is a gorgeous color.

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

What a beautiful red both the plant and the zeppelin.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

A colorful post, Possum. How lucky was it that the red blimp came on a day when the subject was red? The new windsock is quite colorful, even if it doesn't have any red.