Tuesday, October 26, 2010

MORE MAINE

I had to do it… it was very, very hard. I just needed to see a few places again. I meant looking at pictures from 2003. Can it be? 7 years ago? I have not looked at these pictures since then. They were taken with a Mickey Mouse camera – one with FILM – and the film was made cloudy when the camera was x-rayed going thru airport security in Portland. THAT was an experience I won’t soon forget – but that is another story for another day. Or not.

Bear with me – I am still trying to figure out live writer… apparently the preview is not always what you get…

Anyway, trying to maintain my composure here… I just feel the need to share a few pictures, most include my sister, Luanne, who left us in January of 2004. This was her last trip anywhere, and she did so well… she out walked me, for crying out loud. The wheelchair I rented for her was used mostly by me! What can I say. Lets start in Bar Harbor…026_24A 028_25 024_22A 025_25

Acadia - 002_00013_10   009_6011_11 014_11 017_17015_12  018_18 020_17 021_18

Maybe… again… one day…

5 comments:

Loretta said...

Beautiful pictures! I am so glad you have them to remember such a wonderful time with your sister. Such precious memories!

I do understand it being the first time you've looked at them. I can't look at pictures of my baby sister that I lost in Dec of 08. Maybe someday.

ancient one said...

The pictures are beautiful.

Some good memories here. Thanks for sharing.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Beautiful photos of an amazing place and it's easy to see why its close to your heart. Thanks for sharing, my friend. It's how we keep those good memories alive.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

And I think you are doing well with LiveWriter which does have its own quirks - much like blogger, but I still prefer using it.

Ginnie said...

Such sweet memories and thank you for letting us in on them.