Monday, September 18, 2017

I'd Rather Be In Hell

“I’d Rather Be In Hell”
by Paulo Coelho


"As soon as he died, Juan found himself in a gorgeous place, surrounded by all the comfort and beauty he had dreamed of. A fellow dressed in white approached him and said, “You have the right to have whatever you want; any food, pleasure or amusement.” Charmed, Juan did everything he dreamed of doing during his life. After many years of pleasures, he sought the fellow in white and asked, “I have already experienced everything I wanted. Now I need to work in order to feel useful.”

“I am sorry,” said the fellow in white, “but that is the only thing I am unable to give you. There is no work here.” “How terrible,” Juan said annoyed, “I will spend eternity dying of boredom! I’d much rather be in hell!” The man in white approached him and said in a low voice: “And where do you think you are?”

Just had to share this..........

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

If feeling useful will keep me out of Hell I'm all for it ! ...although FEELING useful and actually BEING useful are two different things.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Quite the unexpected reply.

troutbirder said...

Indeed!....:)