Sunday, October 29, 2017

SEPTEMBER AZALEAS, HIBISCUS, AND BIRTHDAY CAMELLIAS
AS you might remember, I have quite a few fall blooming azaleas... well, they do bloom in the spring, too, and most of them are huge bushes, most of the blooms are double the size of the spring-only blooming azaleas. They started to bloom in August this year and I took these pictures a couple weeks ago just before we had a big storm with some serious winds. They have a lot more blooms on them right now and a couple other bushes are just barely getting started. I will get to them later.
 





The Hibiscus was especially nice this year. The blooms tend to be 10 inches to a foot in diameter.

And every year, right on my birthday, my huge camellias in front of the house give me usually just one bloom each. I figure my yard is giving me a birthday present! These bushes have been right on schedule for about 25 years. That's pretty good, isn't it? These bushes are so big, I have had to have them cut back to get them off my roof.

No comments: