Sunday, August 26, 2007

FIRSTS

Remember your first FIRSTS?
Grandchildren are great for reminding us of the simple pleasures in life, the joy of FIRSTS.
Remember your first day of First Grade? Your first time on a bike???? I think I can.............. YES!!! LOOK AT ME GOOOOOOOOOOO!

How about your first sandcastle?

Or even your first day at the beach?

It is so easy as we get older to forget those simple pleasures, those first joys of discovery. As I enter my old age, I must remember to find joy in life's simple things, the flowers that bloom in their season, the cat rolling over to show me how cute he is, the honk of the geese as they fly to a new pond.
I remember how temporary everything is and am grateful for the moment.

2 comments:

ancient one said...

Yes and lets not forget to take those pictures! They will help us to remember those firsts. Isn't it funny, that in most families there are more pictures of the first born than any of the others?

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

I can still remember my first day in school. For starters, I started late as I was recovering from polio. That belated first day, I walked the mile home from school at noon thinking the day was over!