Saturday, December 12, 2009

MORE WATER!

MORE WATER! My friend Dorothy Perrucci took these shots while on her morning walk. These are near her house, about a half a mile from me. This is a yard, really... not a lake! Anther yard...
Then they had some shopping to do - or maybe it was just an excuse to drive around and see how deep the water was in other places - this is our local Family Dollar ... the moral to this story is NEVER BUILD DURING A DROUGHT. See where the road is supposed to be?
This is the former Meat Barn. One of my girls worked there years ago when we had a cloud burst and her car had water all the way up to the seats! This place got a bit wet! See? The water is all the way across the south bound lane of 13.
And I love this one - this is a reflection turned upside down. Is that a cool shot or what? Thanks for sharing, Dorothy!

6 comments:

Ginnie said...

Water is one of those things that we can't live without...but too much of it can be disastrous!

ancient one said...

And I thought we were wet.. squishy ground... and more rain headed our way tonight or so the weather man says..

Tossing Pebbles in the Stream said...

No! the moral is: Don't live on a sand spit only a couple of meters above sea leave and a water table probably only inches below the surface.

It it rained here like that we would turn all the water into a skating rink in the next 24 hours which I guarantee will be well below freezing.

possum said...

On Sunday we got another 1.08 inches of rain in 9 hours.

Today - (MOnday) the sun is shining! YEA!!!!!

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness, you have certainly been getting drenched! All that water!! Certainly some wonderful photos you have shared showing it all.

Somehow I misplaced your blog and I'm just now catching up with you. I hate it when my computer is down and I lose all my favorites. Then I have to search and try and find everyone again.

ancient one said...

Are you ready for snow? sounds like you might get some over the weekend... we're just suppose to get rain...