Monday, November 19, 2012

MORE CAMELLIAS, MORE COLORS

JUST SHARING a bit more of what I see out my windows, walking around in the yard... The colors have been blowing me away this year, for some reason. I am not taking them for granted as I have perhaps in the past. It still amazes me when folks come up to me in the PO or the grocery store and tell me how much they like driving by my yard.
The camellia at the front door.
Just to give you an idea of the size of some of my camellias. This is the one that usually starts to bloom on my birthday. It reaches well above roof level.
The morning sun on the camellia Yule Tide and the Maple tree out front. Yule Tide is over 10 feet tall and almost reaches the power lines. Note the azaleas behind the maple tree.
On the northern side of the house is another huge camellia. Its diameter is over 10 feet and it is also about 10 feet in heighth. I just thought the mixture of colors was breath-taking yesterday morning as I was "rearranging" the leaves in the yard.

2 comments:

Caddie said...

I'm left amazed and breathless. Everything is just beautiful and to think November is half gone. How do you do it? My little gems you sent are coming right along.Thank you.

ancient one said...

Beautiful...