Friday, August 18, 2006

Clock tower, now

According to www.tboeckel.de/.../montserrat/montserrat_e.htm, the clock tower is now completely destroyed. The pictures of the nearly buried tower were from 2002 or 2004... I have not been able to pin point the date.
The site www.tboeckel.de/.../montserrat/montserrat_e.htm has the most up to date pictures I have been able to find. Definitely worth looking at.

However I must add Montserrat is not dead! She is alive and thriving on the other side of the island. And Vue Pointe is open and functioning even tho the golf course right next door is not. Vue Point was right on the edge of the damage. I have heard from some people who have been to Foxes Bay where some people are trying to reclaim their homes. Foxes Bay is even closer to Plymouth, if I remember correctly.

No comments: