Sunday, October 29, 2006

'PIDEYS AND BUDDHAS AND THINGS


An autumn day at Possum Lane



My little visitor was here again the other day. She wanted to know where the ‘pidys go when it rains. So we went over to where the spider web used to be. The storm had no doubt torn it apart. We had had winds a bit over 40 mph and 2 ½ inches of rain. Grandmother Spider was tucked up under the leaves. She had kept herself dry and out of the wind. One day, one of the cold mornings, she had spun her web around the leaves drawing them close together and kept herself warm. Smart girl. Her webs are smaller now. But I check on her each day.

The leaves are falling. Some of them are turning to pretty yellows. Many of them aren’t getting a chance with the high winds. They are being ripped from the trees green.

It is time to put in the winter pansies. Well, this is early for me. I know they will get buried under the leaves, but I will dig them out. Maybe, just maybe they will get bigger and stronger before the cold weather hits them. And if it is not a real bad winter – they will still be blooming in the spring. I thought this pansy was especially beautiful. The ground was really wet, so I did not spend a lot of time photographing pansies!

1 comment:

possum said...

This post was originally sent off on Sunday but got an error, did not publish message. So, since I had too many other things to do, I abandoned it and tried again on Monday, adding a bit and POOF up comes the post it said it could not publish. So, no I am not losing all my marbles (the 2 I have left) the Blog screwed up! And the dog ate my homework.