Saturday, September 12, 2009

TWO GIFTS ALMOST AT ONCE!


The sun came out today for a while. It has been a cool, wet week, over 6 1/2 inches of rain, temps in the low 70s. To be honest, I have not felt very well for a couple of weeks, so I have not been outside as much as I have wanted to be. But, on my way to take the trash out this morning, a Diana greeted me on the carport. Dianas often visit what appears to be bare ground or the concrete on the carport or patio. Sometimes they check out the old or left over cat food. I have seldom seen one on a flower. Someone told me they ingest some kind of minerals from the dirt. Maybe my carport floor is dirtier than I think! LOL!
Male Dianas are orange and black. I don't see as many of them as I do the females, or maybe it is because I think the females are prettier. Check them out at http://www.stateanimals.com/states/arkansas/diana_text.html.
After taking a couple pictures of the first Diana, I headed for the trash can and scared her away. She flew out to the camellia bush out front and was still there when I headed back to the door. Another one had taken her place. Wow! 2 in one day! Enjoy!
PS - I am still waiting permission to post pix others have taken. But remember, the rules are - YOU must have been the one to take the shot. I appreciate all the pictures I have gotten that are beautiful, but I dare only post ones taken by you! Thanks!
OH, and if you have a blog and want to post your shot on YOUR blog - no problem, just post your blog link in a comment on my blog and folks can hop right over there!

1 comment:

ancient one said...

beautiful...