Monday, May 15, 2006

From the gardens at Possum Lane...


I really haven't much time today, but I do want to say thanks to all of you who have encouraged me to keep working on this site. And I want to share some of the pictures some of you have asked about. I will start with Jackie - and the magnolia. You can see the old dead magnolia and the new one right beside it. The fringe tree is in the background. Those are ferns growing around the base. So you can see the one fern is almost as big as the magnolia. I haven't had the heart to pull out the ferns.

Next, for cousin Susan, especially, the miniature rose I mentioned. That is a quarter in my hand. Are they cute or what? I was afraid I would kill the plant moving it this time of year, but so far so good. That teeny bit of purple bottom left is a Sweet William. It is bigger than the rose! I hoe it does better in the morning sun than hidden under the other stuff on the other side of the yard.

Last but not least is one of the blueberry plants. See the berries? I am not sure how this is going to be formatted...

And I have to go......... more later............


1 comment:

possum said...

Yeah, and that little bush has more berries than the other ones.
Have you seen any of my pictures on my weather blog?